Saturday, January 10, 2009

Its that time of year....

Every year on the first friday after school starts back in January, we have our annual Girl Scout Sleep and Swim party. Now I am not as fond of this as the girls are. It means we sleep on the floor. And its quite chaotic. So for me, it isn't hours of fun. But the girls LOVE it. They can't wait on it every year. So I figured I would share some pictures from our night. It actually didn't go as bad as I thought it would. I had an air bed so that made a WORLD of difference.

Now for my first photo I am going to surprise you all. It is VERY rare that Madison DOES NOT want her picture taken. But it does happen. And last night we had one of those moments. But being the persistent mom I am, I insisted on doing it anyway. The result?



Here are a few random shots from while everyone was still signing in.....


Ohhh...time to line up for dinner. Pizza as always. lol

Now normally we work on badges. And those troops bridging to a new level will work on that level's badge. For example we are bridging to cadettes this year so we would have worked with the cadettes. But this year we did something different. We all made tie fleece blankets for the kids in the teen/kid shelter here in town. We decided to do community service instead of work on badges. Here are the tables ready for the girls to start....


And our troop working on their blanket...




And the finished product:

The older girls had a cd player in the hallway. And this produced an impromptu dance party.





Each year the age levels divide up and go to their sleeping quarters. Brownies get the cafeteria, juniors the gym, cadettes get the auditorium stage etc etc. Well our girls were thrilled they got the gym and I was excited for a warmer place (the cafeteria is COLD). Turns out the gym is colder LOL. But let me tell you....when the Brownies came in to play in the gym our girls made sure to tell them it was ONLY for Juniors and they had to leave LOL




And not a great photo but had to get one of the two troublemakers :)

0 comments: