That's my pathetic attempt at the written version of the Addam's Family theme song. Sad huh?
Well you've learned all you can about me.....or at least all you can without getting to know me personally.....so now you want to meet the rest? You really ARE crazy aren't you??
Now as I tell you all about the crazy family....you will begin to understand why I am One Crazy Mama! Ours is no typical household!
Let's start with Madison. She is my only child...though many days it feels like I have a houseful! She is 10 years old....in 4th grade....and a true DIVA at heart. She tends to be a bit of a drama queen. Hard to believe having me for a mom*!! Her favorite things to do are play board games, dress up in various "cool" outfits, listen to music, watch Disney and Nick, play with her friends, sing and dance. She vows she WILL be a superstar when she grows up. Her dream is to be the NEXT American Idol. Believe me...this girl WILL be on a stage somewhere. Though as much as she takes her clothes off and on....it might not be the kind of stage I am hoping for**. Madison attends an AWESOME school you will see me mention often. It is a charter school for the arts and academics here in Michigan. I can't say enough good things about them. I LOVE that school!! You will hear about Madison VERY often. Partly because she is the most important thing in the world to me. And partly because...well...with Madison around life is NEVER boring.
Now that we've covered the Princess. Let's cover the queen. No...not me. I wish I was that important. I am talking about Sophie. Sophie is our newest family member. She is a half terrier/half chihuahua puppy. She is almost a year old. She is tiny. And she is so ugly she is cute. LOL. Seriously. She loves to have her belly rubbed....get doggie treats (her favorite is bacon)....and bark at strangers. To Sophie anyone who doesn't live here (no matter how many times they've been over) is a stranger. I swore I'd never have a yip yip dog. And here she is. Madison's first puppy.
Now that sounds like enough in the house right? Wrong! On to the rest....
Nana....You will often hear mention of Nana. Nana is my mom. And another drama queen :) I often share conversations between Nana and Madison because...well....they are just plain funny. It's like two kids. But anyways...Nana lives here with us. Though I'd bet most days she wishes she didn't. She was the original crazy mama. But since she doesn't blog, I took the title.
Brian....I may refer to Brian from time to time...though not often by name....I may call him the ex...madison's dad....or any other term of endearment I might come up with (the idiot....stupid...you get the idea lol...kidding Brian). Brian is Madison's dad...aka my ex-husband. Remember how we weren't technically together but weren't technically divorced?? Yea it gets stranger. LOL. Though we haven't been together in 7 years (there I go feeling old again)....Brian currently resides here with us. It's a strange situation....but its convenient for us both at this time for many reasons and they don't include me needing someone to send to the store for ice cream at 2am LOL.
Bear....Bear is the oldest of our family. She is a mutt. She was brought home to my brother about 16-17 years ago....I lost count.....and since then has become my moms dog. She has moved around the country with Nana.....and now she resides here in Michigan with us. Poor Bear is about on her last leg. She can't move around good and needs assistance at getting up and down. You may see me moan and complain about Bear from time to time. Or you may see me feel bad for her. Depends on what mood strikes me. Bear's favorite things are people food, barking for attention and sleeping. Now there is the life!
And finally we have Sebastian. Ahhh Sebastian is our only male (well unless you count Brian). He is a cat. And honestly I am not sure how old he is. But he's the quiet one in the house. His favorite things are curling up on grocery bags, eating dog food and getting his cat treats when Sophie goes potty.
You will also see mention of the following (they are spread out from Chicago and Wisconsin to North Carolina and Virginia):
Uncle Moose: My brother
Aunt Sissy: My aunt
Pepaw: My grandma
Uncle Scott and Aunt Brandy: Technically my cousins but Madison calls them uncle/aunt
Caleb and Christopher: Scott and Brandy's newborn twin boys
Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amber: Again my cousins but Uncle/Aunt to Madison
Sydney, Jayden and Isiah: Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amber's kids
Grandma and Grandpa: Brian's parents
The Britches: Though they aren't technically family...this group of wonderful ladies is like a second family to me. You will see them mentioned a lot. Because they mean a LOT.
So there you have my family. See why my life is crazy?? Now you may ask...why don't I have the rest of the pictures up top on my header? Well because I consider my immediate family to be me, Madison and Sophie. Because if my mom moves, Sebastian and Bear go with her. And who knows how long the arrangement with Brian living here will last. So...thats why. Besides...there's not enough room for all of those pictures!
*Sarcasm often used in this blog
** Oh come on...it was FUNNY
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment