Friday, September 19, 2008

E is for....

ELECTIONS

Of course. What else could it be? After all this is a major election year. It's the end of the Bush era...thank heavens. It is the beginning of something new. But yet I find myself sad this year.

I am sad because I don't have a candidate that I can truly get behind. As most of you know, I was/am a big Hillary fan. She was who I wanted to see make it. I believed in her and her plans. But she didn't make it.

Yes I am one of "those" people. The bleeding heart liberals. LOL. I always laugh at that description. But yet I have serious concerns about "our" candidate this year. Concerns that most often get met with brushing me off as overdramatic. That makes me sad too. I feel very strongly about some things yet feel I can't really say much to my liberal friends about it.

Then of course the 'other' candidate. I have nothing against him so much as against his stance on issues. So I am stuck. I don't know where my vote will end up, if I even vote at all. And that makes me sad.

I say all the time I want a do over. I want new choices.

But what saddens me the most is seeing people I love and care about and respect change in front of my eyes. Suddenly the candidate of choice becomes a personal issue. If you question things, you are questioning them. In return your thoughts/beliefs/morals get questioned. When in reality it has nothing to do with them. You love and respect them just the same. You just don't believe in their candidate. And I see this on both sides. And it makes me sad. I don't respect them any less, but I don't like the side of them I am seeing either.

So thats why this election year is hard for me. I am ready for it to be over, yet scared at the outcome.

I liked my protective bubble and it seems to have popped. Is this what growing up feels like? If so, I don't much like it!

0 comments: