Monday, September 22, 2008

H is for......

Happy Birthday.

See all this talk about friends over the last few days has gotten me to thinking about a very close friend of mine. The person who was/is my best friend. Today is his birthday.

Sadly though, he lives 900 miles away. So I can't take him out and buy him a drink for his birthday. I can't go to whatever party he is surely a part of. I can't even say Happy Birthday.

Sometimes I miss being there. Being able to just hang out with the one person who unconditionally accepts me as me.

But then I think....our lives have changed so much. If I was there we may drift apart. We live two completely different lifestyles. So in a way I am glad I only see him once or twice a year. Because then the bond is still there. For those moments I get to spend with him, we are still the best of friends. I'd hate to lose that. And life surely would get in the way.

So I will take my diet cherry drink (yes I live in Michigan and NO I don't say pop lol) and offer a silent toast. Happy Birthday Erin.

0 comments: