Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spreading the Christmas Joy....

Well I tell ya...its been a rough couple days for me. I've worked myself to absolute DEATH this past week. But today was our planned "friend Christmas day" so I had to fake the Christmas spirit for a while. It turned out I had a good time.

Madison had her BFF Tori over. First they exchanged gifts. Which was a first for Madison but she REALLY REALLY wanted to buy Tori something. So that was neat.

Then I had bought a Gingerbread House Kit from Walmart. Do not let the box fool you!! It is NOT as easy as it looks! Our walls kept collapsing. It was NOT pretty. But I think the finished product is slightly cute although NOTHING like the lovely picture on the box.

After that we decided to make some cookies. Martha Stewart I am not. I always wanted to be the mom that bakes cookies after school. Ummm everyone else prefers I don't. I am NOT a baker. So I buy the mix and just add eggs and butter. I still managed to screw it up at first. Who knew you should put flour on the wax paper to keep the dough from sticking??? Well amazingly enough the cookies are edible. They do however look like they took steroids. Which happens when I make homemade cookies. How did I manage to screw up a mix??

It was a fun day! And it was nice to think about something besides toys for a while. Here are some pics from the day. Ignore the mess in the background. Blame it on toy sales. LOL.














1 comments:

notjustanylisa said...

Looks like fun and yes! those gingerbread houses ARE harder than they seem! :)