Monday, September 28, 2009

It's been a while....

Well if you are a reader, thank you for your patience. It's been a long time since I've written. Not for lack of wanting to write. Simply because sometimes, life gets in the way. So here I am. And wow I have a lot to update you on.

To pick up where I left off, I did make my trip to see my friend. I finally got the privilege of meeting April. We had a nice day out and about in Madison including the mall, State Street, a tour of McFarland and of course Cherry Limeades from Sonic. I had a blast and it was GREAT to finally meet her. She is as wonderful in person as she is online!!

Then to move forward a bit, I started my gig at the Mission. I absolutely love working there. The people I work with are great. And the job is rewarding. For a temporary time, I am the person who gives out stuff to people in need like furniture, diapers, etc. I'm loving that, but it's only while Ms. Phyllis is out on leave.

ChaCha-- Well ChaCha is going to kill me. Nuff said.

A sad update. In June, my wonderful dear grandmother passed away. It was an extremely sad time for all of us. I am still having a hard time with it. I miss her soooo much. Needless to say as much as I loved seeing my family, my summer trip to NC was not under good circumstances.

Summer sucked in Michigan. Most days it was too cold to do anything fun.

Madison is back at school and responsibility is the motto of the year.

Speaking of Madison, she is now 11. Her birthday has come and gone....and For her birthday I got a $50 a month bill!! And in exchange, my little girl is now carrying a cell phone.

And the positive.....we are moving. I am getting my very own I own it home. I am soooo excited yet stressed beyond belief. But stay tuned for all my cool decorating projects as I make this place a real live home.

If I disappear, packing the basement swallowed me!!

Now a couple of notes.

Since January, it has been a struggle. Financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually. I have hit my lowest, pulled up a bit, fell back down and repeat. So many people have been there for me. In many different ways.

To my special family....you have helped me with bills, listen to me complain and just been there. I can't possibly list all you have done. But I wanted to say thank you!!

To SHFB-- for being my sounding board-- Thank you soooo much. For all the prayers-- Thank you even more. And for the laughs-- thank you the most. Trust me that more than a keyboard is between us!!

To my dear special friend...you know who you are. You have given so much of yourself. You have helped me with things as trivial as advice and as serious as affording to get to NC for the funeral. I know you have been struggling the past little bit. And I am praying for you. But please know how very special you are and what a tremendous blessing you have been in my life. Even if I argue with you.....I appreciate every single thing you have done!

To the two ladies who helped out with back to school-- one sent a straightening iron for Madison and one sent a huge box of back to school supplies. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To my friend who probably won't read this because she don't do the online thing much. Thanks for it all. Hanging out, talking, texting, cigs, nails...all of it. I enjoy it more than you know. And someday we will go free bowling followed by smores and rum and pepsi!! LOL

And finally to my everyday chat with me friends --- okay that means you Lynn-- thanks for being my friend for like ever.....and not getting sick of my griping about my life and laughing with me over ChaCha questions.... and just being the bestest of best friends.....The cabana boys are waiting!!

It's been a struggle....but my motto now is If I survive September I will be good. It's almost over, so I am almost there!!!

Love you all!!

0 comments: