Friday, October 2, 2009

Walgreens made simple...

I've had family and friends asking me how I am doing my walgreens shopping. Today was a small day and I got $37.00 worth of stuff for 4.00. Not bad, but not as good as the other day. Anyways I am going to *try* to explain it in simple terms.

Register Rewards-- You can get these from Walgreens on certain items each week. They are coupon that prints out that is like cash. You can use it on your next trip to Walgreens ....or in my case, your next transaction at the same trip. LOL.

Some items this week with register rewards:

Herbal Essence Shampoo and Conditioner-- Cost 2.99 but you get back 2.00 in register rewards
Chapstick Fresh Effects-- Cost $2.99 but you get back $2.99 in register rewards
Oral B Toothbrushes-- Cost $3 but you get back $3 in Register Rewards
Vaseline Infusion Lotion-- Cost $6.99 but you get back $6.99 in register rewards
Theraflu Cold Meds-- Cost $4 each and if you buy 2 you get back $4 in Register Rewards, if you
buy 3 you get back $8.
Gillette Fusion Razor-- Cost $8.99 but you get back $6 in register rewards
Venus Embrace Razor-- Cost $7.99 but you get back $4 in register rewards
Dentek Dental Floss-- Cost $2 and you get back $2 in register rewards
Halls Refresh-- Cost $1 and you get back $1 in register rewards

There are more but those are the main ones I've bought. I also had coupons I used.

For the toothbrushes I got a coupon out of the paper (i bought 2 papers) for $1 off one. So that made them $2 and I got $3 in register rewards back.
For the lotion I had printable coupons for $1.50 off making them $5.49 and I got back $6.99
The Healthy Savers book at Walgreens has a coupon for $2 off Theraflu, it WILL multiply the number of bottles you bought.
The Gillette I had a coupon for $4 off one. The Venus I had $2 off one.
The dental floss I had $1 off one and the refresh I had $.75 off one.

Soooo....to sum it up as simply as I can.....In a pretend scenario you could possibly use...

Purchase the Gillette Razor for 8.99, a shampoo for 2.99, and a toothbrush for 3.00.
Use the $4 off coupon, the $1 off coupon
Total cost for you is $9.99 + tax
You will get back $11 in register rewards

Then you purchase 3 Theraflu cold meds at $4.00 each
A chapstick at 2.99 and a Halls at $1.00 You need some more items because you must have equal number of items/coupons so grab some Halloween pencils at 4/$1 .
Throw in a dawn dish soap while they are $.99
Use the Healthy Savers coupon for $6 off
Use the Halls $.75 off coupon
Then use the $11 register rewards
Total cost for you is $.23 + tax
You will get back $12 in register rewards

Then you purchase a Venus razor for 7.99
A toothbrush for 3.00
a conditioner for 2.99
A dental floss for $2.00
Throw in some more pencils at 4/$1
Use the Venus coupon for $2.00
Use the toothbrush coupon for $1
Use the floss coupon for $1
Then use the $12 in register rewards
Your total cost is $.98 + tax
You get $9 in register rewards back

And you just keep going back and forth with items. You can't use a register reward to purchase something from the same company, so you have to alternate. Especially this week when so much is proctor and gamble.

Coupons make this an even better deal because you actually profit.

I ended up with a lot of "space" i needed to fill because your total has to be over the amount of the register reward you are using. So I have a lot of dawn dish soap!! And I have almost enough Halloween pencils for Madison's entire grade LOL

It is very complicated to begin with, but it is super easy once you get going. And I have plenty of cold meds and dish soap. Tomorrow the goal is to increase my stock of shampoo/conditioner and toothbrushes!!

It may be too late to start this week, unless you spend Saturday at Walgreens. But you can start next week. Some deals like the lotion and the gillette are MONTH LONG!!!

If I can do it, anyone can do it. And its WORTH IT.

Thanks to Loryne, Jenna, Fancy and the rest of SHFB for teaching me how to do this!!

0 comments: